Sunday, August 3, 2014

Introduction

Hello :)
My name is Kendra and I have always dreamed of having my very own family blog. Since I have been married for a couple months now, I decided that it's the perfect time to start. I attend Weber State University and am hoping to receive my bachelor's in family studies in the next year and a half (3 semesters). I have a passion for serving others, especially little children, and I hope to one day turn that passion into a career where I can better the lives of children and families of all kinds. 

I am married to my high school sweetheart, Ben.  I guess you could say we are still in what is called the "honeymoon" phase. We are so in love and enjoy figuring out life together one step at a time. People have told me and classes have taught me that marriage is not an easy thing and it is something you have to always work on. I believe this to be true completely, but it's not quite as hard as others made it seem. I am blessed to have a husband that loves me so wonderfully and completely. All those petty fights about silly things like using the others toothbrush and such seem to rarely happen for us, and that I am also so grateful for. We are not perfect, but truly I love married life. 
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or as some might put it a Mormon. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that this church is the one true church. I have learned for myself in many experiences the truthfulness of it. To learn more about my faith and what I believe please visit my profile at http://www.mormon.org/me/DGZT/KendraGates
I spend most of my time working at RC Willey (furniture store), but still find time for the fun things in life. I am especially close to my family and love each one of them so very much. I am so thankful for all they do and show me. It is important to me to keep a strong bond with my family, and I have loved having my family expand as I got married. I have some of the cutest nieces, and nephews now and get to be an aunt! Totally hope I'm one of the cool aunts. :)
The Eppersons

The Gates

The kids and their most awesome aunt and uncle ;)
Well that pretty much  summarizes me. :) Although I should also mention that I am a total Disney fanatic, and you will see quite a bit of Disney in my posts as well. So in celebration of my love for Disney, here is a photo from one of my most favorite trips to Disney World. 
Disney World November 2013 with the Awesome Rushton Family
I hope this blog will in some way inspire others as I share our family's ups and downs and crazy adventures.  


No comments:

Post a Comment